Under the direction of a health care provider, the Medical Assistant will assist in providing care to patients while promoting safety and wellbeing for the population served.
Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
The Medical Assistant adheres to all applicable state and federal laws, regulatory agencies, and quality performance guidelines.
• Performs general administrative and patient care tasks in accordance with the Scope of Practice, and other established policies and procedures.
• Possesses the ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi- disciplinary care team.
• Greets and prepare patients for the health care provider while maintaining a positive and caring attitude.
• Attentive to patient’s needs, coordinates care, administers care, and documents appropriately.
• Provides for patient safety and protection of patient privacy rights by observing HIPAA regulations
• Obtain and record patient information; vital signs, height, weight, allergies, current medications, medical history, and chief complaint, etc.
• Three (3) months previous experience within a healthcare setting is required.
• Successful completion of initial MA onboarding within 90 days, annual skills fair, and in-services for site specific tasks is required.
• Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service-oriented environment Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy is required.
• Current BLS Certification is required upon hire or within 60 days of hire upon approval.
• 1 year Medical Assistant experience is preferred.
• Bi-lingual in Spanish is preferred.
• Successful completion of an Accredited National Certification Exam for Certified Medical Assistants (CMA) or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) is preferred.
Highlands Ranch CO